£17,000 - £18,000
I am exclusively acting for a recently established accountancy firm based near Durham City. They are urgently seeking to add an additional VAT Compliance Assistant to their European Indirect Tax team. This is a fantastic time to join such a young firm at a critical time in their development.
Duties within the role will include:
• Assisting with EU VAT registration queries from e-sellers across the UK and other European countries;
• Preparation, review and submission of EU VAT returns and related filings;
• Contributing to an effective VAT compliance monitoring and review process;
• Look after client's query emails, and follow up by email or telephone.
• Strong IT skills. Must be computer literate with a good understanding of MS Office, especially Excel;
• Good understanding and awareness of cross border EU VAT compliance requirements;
• Excellent communication skills with a confident manner of using telephone, email or other instant chatting tools;
• Strong attitude to continuously learn and develop skills and competencies;
• Highly organised and attentive to detail;
An ability to read, write and speak one of the following languages: German, French, Spanish, Italian or Mandarin would be advantageous but not essential.
These roles might appeal to a Business & Finance or a modern languages graduate seeking a career in finance.