Newcastle Upon Tyne
Audit & Accounts Senior Manager / Director Designate
My Client are a well-established independent accountancy practice based in the North East of England, with a client base ranging from sole traders to large private limited Companies and not-for-profit organisations offering a full suite of services across Accounting, Audit, Personal Tax, Corporate Tax and Business Advisory services.
They are ideally suited towards an experienced audit and accounts manager who is seeking career progression beyond manager level. Main Requirements of Audit & Accounts Senior Manager / Director Designate
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- Ambition to rapidly progress to Director level within their practice.
- Take lead as a Responsible Individual, dealing with audit (and audit exempt) clients in a wide range of commercial and not for profit sectors.
- Provide advice to clients on both business and personal matters, thereby acting as a trusted business adviser.
- Operate as an ambassador for the firm, networking and developing new business opportunities to grow the business.
- Demonstrate broad business thinking and sound commercial judgement to add value to our clients
- Provide strong ethical leadership to our people across the practice.
- Plan and execute the longer-term strategy of the department along with the Directors.
Salary and Benefits are commensurate with the the seniority of the role
- Qualified ACA/ACCA with RI status, or intent to obtain RI status.
- You will have experience leading the audit of clients within a variety of industries.
- You will have significant senior level experience and the ability to manage a portfolio of clients, whilst leading a small team.
- Excellent FRS 102 knowledge is essential.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to multiple deadlines
- A genuine interest in our clients with an ability to confidently discuss business challenges and requirements.
- Solid practice experience in Audit and accounts preparation.
- Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios.