My client is a leading regional Chartered Accountancy practice based in Berwick upon Tweed. Having grown significantly over recent years, now with 12 partners and over 110 staff, makes them the largest Chartered Accountancy firm operating between Edinburgh and Newcastle and one of the biggest employers in the area.
Due to continued growth, they currently have a vacancy for an Experienced Accounting Technician.
The role will will include assisting Partners in the preparation of Sole Trader, Partnership and Limited Company accounts and liaising directly with clients. If you have the following key skills and attributes please contact me directly.
- previous experience in a similar role within an accountancy practice
- a high level of numeracy
- good IT skills with experience of Accounts production software (Microsoft Excel, Sage, Xero, Farmplan and Quickbooks would all be advantageous)
- good verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- good time management and the ability to work to deadlines and show flexibility.
Staff are highly valued by my client who are committed to their training and development, encouraging employees to grow to their full potential. This is backed up by the fact that they receive long levels of service; many of their people have been with them for decades. Continuity of personnel is important to them as it is essential in building and maintaining lasting relationships with their clients.
There is a friendly atmosphere in the offices, many social events are organised throughout the year and the firm encourages a good work-life balance. The Berwick office is situated in the town centre and is a new state-of-the-art premises. As well as a competitive salary, they offer a good range of benefits including paid overtime and a contributory pension.