My client is recognised as one of the leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers in North East England. With offices located in Darlington, Durham & York they're handily placed to provide proactive advice, new ideas and workable solutions to the regions owner-managed businesses. Their philosophy is to work closely with clients to ensure they achieve their commercial goals and objectives. By listening to clients and understanding their particular industry they provide tailored business solutions that meet the demands of today's fast-moving business environment.
In June 2018 they were awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year (51-200 employees) in the North East Accountancy Awards 2018. Audit and Accounts Senior:
The key duties of the role are:
You will need:
- Preparation of accounts from a variety of client’s systems – Sage, Xero, QBO etc,
- Audit of financial statements from planning to completion, including responsibility for managing the on-site audit team,
- Preparation of corporation tax computations,
- Actioning queries raised by accounts and tax managers on the drafts,
- Finalisation of the accounts and corporation tax computations following client meeting,
- Acting as a point of contact for clients for ad-hoc queries.
Salary & Benefits:
- To be ACA or ACCA qualified
- Have recent experience of both audit and accounts preparation
- Be technically strong
- Be driven to deliver excellent client service
- Have a track record in delivering to tight client deadlines
- Experience of running audits would be desirable
In addition to a competitive salary, they offer a contributory pension scheme, 22 days holiday plus statutory holidays and the option for employees to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year. All employees have access to Perkbox and we offer a cycle to work scheme and a discounted health scheme.