Newcastle Upon Tyne
This client is a leading North East based advisory firm, focused on delivering exceptional financial and strategic advice. They are seeking an accountant, who will be exam qualified or qualified by experience, to prepare management and year end accounts for a wide range of businesses including partnerships and limited companies.
Details of the Role
- Prepare year end accounts in accordance with the firm’s procedures for clients in a wide range of sectors.
- Prepare management accounts for a variety of clients to strict deadlines, identifying trends and providing insightful commentary for clients.
- Work quickly and efficiently, while managing a portfolio of recurring work
- Provide accounting assistance to other teams and colleagues when required
Details of the person
- Practice experience, preparing annual accounts and schedule D tax computations for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies and experience in preparing VAT returns either by hand or using modern cloud accounting software.
- Good IT skills (especially Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong up-to-date technical knowledge including FRS 102 in particular.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written, ability to deal with a variety of people in different environments.
- Self managed and organised.
- Focused and committed to excellent client service
Details of the offer
- Competitive salary
- Study support
- Peoples Pension
- Programme of staff sports and social events
- Ongoing professional development
- Part time hours available