My client is recognised as one of the leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers in North East England. With offices located in Darlington, Durham & York they're handily placed to provide proactive advice, new ideas and workable solutions to the regions owner-managed businesses. Their philosophy is to work closely with clients to ensure they achieve their commercial goals and objectives. By listening to clients and understanding their particular industry they provide tailored business solutions that meet the demands of today's fast-moving business environment.
In June 2018 they were awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year (51-200 employees) in the North East Accountancy Awards 2018. Tax Manager
Joining an existing team of eight tax professionals, it is essential the candidate has experience of working in a professional practice in addition to excellent managerial skills together with professional qualifications.The key duties and responsibilities will be:
The firm prides itself on providing proactive advice and the successful candidate will require the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Providing tax advice to a portfolio of predominantly owner-managed business.
- Identifying tax planning opportunities to raise with clients.
- Ensuring that all compliance is completed in good time and deadlines are met.
- Management and development of the tax trainees.
- To manage your own client portfolio.
- To review tax returns prepared by junior team members.
- To prepare more complex tax computations.
- Preparation and review of tax accounting disclosures in company accounts.
- Tax audit review work.
- Assisting in preparing P11Ds.
- To provide support on planning projects and research technical issues on advisory work such as asset/business sales, succession planning and tax residency issues.
- To start dealing with more complex client queries (internal and external) and provide tax planning advice.
- To attend client meetings.
- Planning and executing the longer term strategy of the department along with the departmental partner and directors.
- Contribute to winning new client work.
Salary & Benefits:
- CTA qualified with a background of working in tax.
- Competent in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- High level of numeracy.
- Methodical approach to work.
- An aptitude for detailed work.
- Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills with both staff and clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions, solve problems and take appropriate action.
- An understanding of the link between effective performance management and business results.
- Demonstrates a clear knowledge and understanding of performance standards, quality control procedures and office procedures.
- Ability to deal confidently and positively with poor and underperformance issues.
- Ability to adapt leadership style for different team members.
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve client deadlines, as well as other day to day work.
- To demonstrate good timekeeping skills as well as displaying a professional attitude in all aspects of their work.
- To actively participate in team meetings making a wide range of suggestions.
In addition to a competitive salary, they offer a contributory pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays and the option for employees to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year. All employees get access to Perkbox and we offer a cycle to work scheme and a discounted health scheme.