£30,000 - £39,000
Accounts and Business Advisory Team - Client Manager
As a Client Manager, you will be responsible for helping clients in the North East and beyond to build a better business. You will be joining my client at a very exciting time: although they are a relatively small team of 20+, they are en route to implementing a strategy that ensures they are one of the best practices to be with.
Their mission is to constantly evolve the role and perception of an accountant and they are looking for people who are passionate to do just that. As a Client Manager, a typical day might include:
Meet with a client to discuss how the business is performing against projections,
This role might be for you if:
- Some compliance…. Year end accounts, Companies House compliance, management accounts, VAT or bookkeeping
- Advise a client on how to move their finance system to the cloud and help to migrate their data
- Work with the Tax team to advise and implement share options for a client’s key employee
- Meet up with other team members as part of an internal working group that is tasked with implementing internal strategy
- Plan, direct and review an Audit
- Coaching colleagues via peer to peer reviews or via complex client projects
- Give a customer that you know are struggling a call…. just because you know it can be lonely as a business owner sometimes
- You want to part of a business that has a clear mission and vision
- You like making an impact – one of our key performance indicators is our clients growth
- You enjoy having a large amount of autonomy and flexibility. You will be required to manage your own workload
- You enjoy learning, problem solving and thinking outside the box
- You are comfortable challenging colleagues and customers respectfully in order to get the best outcome
- You enjoy coaching team members
- You enjoy being part of a team
- You are results focussed
If we are to evolve the role of an Accountant into an Advisor, development is key. Alongside monthly 1-2-1s, bi-annual performance reviews, detailed created career pathways and your professional exams, you will receive internal and external support to hone your business advisory skills. What else?
Every member of the team is key in executing their exciting yet ambitious growth strategy. Two key ways you would be involved in this:
- Working groups are a key way for us to implement large projects. You will have the opportunity to chair, project manage or plan key projects alongside your team mates.
- You will also attend weekly huddles of which the purpose is to share financial and non-financial performance of the business. Some of their company performance measures are Gross Profit, Net Promoter Score, Gross Value Added and New Clients.
- A Qualified ACCA/ACA Accountants or QBE.
- A minimum of five years’ experience within an Accountancy practice
- Competent and enjoy using cloud accountancy packages
- Enjoy a fast paced environment