My client is recognised as one of the leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers in North East England. With offices located in Darlington, Durham & York they're handily placed to provide proactive advice, new ideas and workable solutions to the regions owner-managed businesses. Their philosophy is to work closely with clients to ensure they achieve their commercial goals and objectives. By listening to clients and understanding their particular industry they provide tailored business solutions that meet the demands of today's fast-moving business environment.
In June 2018 they were awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year (51-200 employees) in the North East Accountancy Awards 2018.Grants Advisory & Corporate Finance Senior
They currently have a vacancy for a grants advisory and corporate finance senior at their Darlington head office. The successful applicant will work predominantly within the grants advisory team which has helped clients secure over £200m of funding in the past 7 years. The role will involve supporting businesses ranging from SMEs to large multinationals to secure grant funding to unlock investment projects. They also advise a number of grant awarding organisations and the work will include the appraisal of information from potential applicants looking to invest in new projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will also work with the firms award-winning Corporate Finance department. This will involve working on forecasting, business plans and due diligence assignments across a variety of industrial sectors.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified accounting professional to develop their career in a specialised department which is widely recognised as one of the leading players within the sector.The key duties of the role are:
The ideal candidate will:
- Preparation of grant applications including completion of application forms, preparation of financial projections and outline business plans,
- Appraisal of grant applications, including preparation of detailed appraisal reports,
- Preparation of financial projections for a range of SME clients,
- Development of business plans in support of fund raises,
- Completion of grant claim audit work and preparation of independent accountants’ reports.
Salary & Benefits:
- Be ACA, ACCA or CIMA exam qualified,
- Have some previous experience working in an accountancy practice,
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word,
- Have the confidence to deal directly with clients,
- Be driven to deliver excellent client service,
- Have experience of delivering to tight client deadlines.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a contributory pension scheme, 22 days holiday plus statutory holidays and the option for employees to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year. All employees get access to Perkbox and we offer a cycle to work scheme and a discounted health scheme.