Newcastle Upon Tyne
My client is a leading North East based business advisory firm, focused on delivering exceptional financial and strategic advice, facilitated by their core values which are to be Trusted, Clear, Strategic, Conscientious and Collaborative. They are seeking a fully qualified accountant with a focus on leading audits from planning to completion to play a key role in the audit and assurance team. The successful candidate will also be required to prepare accounts and to be up-to-date with the latest technical knowledge.
Details of the role
- Produce a detailed audit planning memorandum and discuss with Partner/Director/Senior manager.
- Complete audits in accordance with the Firm’s audit procedures, with assistance from more senior members of staff.
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensure that budgets are met, address any problems that are encountered to ensure that the audit is finished within budget and timeframe.
- Check and supervise the work of more junior staff both on site and in the office and complete any sections as necessary.
- Sign off audit sections, address any problems or queries and compete the file before passing it to the Partner/Director/Senior Manager for review.
- Prepare accounts for some of our larger cases, in accordance with the Firm’s procedures and within budget.
Details of the person
- ACA or ACCA fully qualified with practice experience.
- Demonstrable experience leading onsite audits with commercial clients from planning to completion.
- Excellent accounts preparation skills.
- Competent planning and completion skills.
- Experience working with MS Excel and Word and ideally CaseWare audit software.
- Demonstrable success leading junior members of staff.
- Strong up-to-date technical knowledge including FRS 102 in particular.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written, ability to deal with a variety of people in different environments.
- Organised- ability to deal with a variety of tasks.
- Client focused.
- Commercially aware.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Able to work well under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Be positive and committed to the Firm and its core values in dealings with both clients and staff.
Details of the offer
- Competitive salary
- Progression opportunities
- Peoples Pension
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Ongoing professional development
- Genuine work life balance