I am currently recruiting for a suitably experienced Tax Manager seeking to further their career with a busy, long established, highly respected, multi-disciplined firm of Accountants and Tax Advisors based in Darlington.
The ideal Tax Manager candidate ought to have worked in an accountancy practice for several years and be CTA qualified, though in this instance my client will actively consider applications from ambitious Tax Supervisors, Assistant Tax Managers and Tax Managers who are qualified by experience or are currently working in industry and seeking to return to practice.
Whilst being demonstrably professional and commercial my client is also an extremely sociable and friendly firm, many of their employees do not seek to work anywhere else, their ethos demonstrates the importance of a good work life balance. Being very well connected by road and rail with the rest of the region, candidates’ resident in County Durham, Tyneside, Teesside and North Yorkshire should feel encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the firm’s Tax Partner the Tax Manager will directly manage a team of 6, duties include:
· Preparation and submission of company tax returns.
· Review of higher level tax review considerations, such as research and development claims, patent box, etc.
· Consideration and advising upon the tax implications on ad-hoc assignments, such as group reconstructions, business combinations and inter-entity transfers.
· Pro-active consideration and suggestions for tax planning opportunities on review of client papers.
· Monitoring of deadlines within the taxation department to ensure that all submissions are made within statutory timeframes.
· Preparation and submission of personal self-assessment tax returns.
· Preparation and submission of P11D forms.
· Managing of department staff.
· Training and assistance of more junior staff members, together with review of their work.
· Knowledge of trust taxation would be an advantage but is not essential for the role.
I am not at liberty to divulge specific details relating to salary within this advert, I am able to say the salary range is broad, is generous and will not disappoint the successful applicant, furthermore I am able to confidentially discuss salary verbally so please call me directly for further information.