If you are having any problems creating a CV, please have a look at the CV template available on my Career Tools page.
Before sending your CV to prospective employers, you should ensure that;
- The month and year that your previous employment commenced and ended is listed, you will only be asked this later if not.
- You have listed all qualifications that you have as you could miss out on employment opportunities if not!
- The mobile or contact numbers listed on your CV are valid as your CV will not be kept on file if employers are unable to contact you
- You clearly list all duties and responsibilities you had whilst with employers
- If you own a driving license or can speak languages other than English, include these details in your CV
When preparing/taking part in an interview we recommend you;
- Prepare for your interview. Do some research on the company etc.
- Try to anticipate what the interviewer may ask so you can prepare some answers
- Arrive 5 minutes early (no sooner but definitely not later!)
- Be appropriately dressed and if in doubt always dress smartly
- Greet the interviewer with a firm handshake (not too firm!) and maintain good eye contact
- Listen carefully to any questions and think about your answers
- Make sure your CV is factual and correct as you may be asked questions about it
- Try and think about your achievements etc. as these are things employers look for
- At the end of the interview, ask what the next steps will be
There are more hints and tips in our download section in "About Us"